Tuesday, October 4, 2022

SEPTEMBER IN THE SWEET GARDEN



"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer."
- Author Unknown

Summer lingers and the ample rainfall we had in August has disappeared.   The mornings are cool and I use them to do my garden chores.  
The local garden center has started stocking its Fall plants and I found a few that I couldn't resist.  I purchased two dwarf anemones -'pretty lady susan ' and 'pretty lady diana . ' 


Spotted an unusual blue cardinal flower - ' starship blue ' for a partly shady corner of the garden.


I have a lot of yellow, orange and pink among the flowering plants so a touch of blue will help balance the color scheme.
I have fallen in love with coneflowers and have been planting them in every color.  I like the way they bloom continuously without much fuss.
August blessed us with a lot of rain but September was unusually dry so I had to do a lot of supplemental watering for newly planted perennials.
I have started to divide some spreading perennials such as the Japanese roof iris and 'ice dance' carex,
 and giving away excess to neighbors.  The lantana has also spread so I'm going to divide it as well.
Much cooler weather is on the way, as is Hurricane Ian which is supposed to impact us here in North Carolina as well.  Praying for everyone in its path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...