Tuesday, November 12, 2019

SEPTEMBER SURPRISE









"But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head ... The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on."- Robert Finch






September is usually fraught with hurricane threats and this one was no different -Dorian slammed parts of the Outer Banks but left us without any damage or rain which we could've used.


September's surprise was the arrival of my youngest and only son Jason and his wife Cecile who have re-located to Chapel Hill. It is great to have family nearby and soon we will be joined by my Sister Linda and my daughter Cathy and husband Randy. I will definitely need a bigger dining table !









My son Jason and his wife Cecile being welcomed to North Carolina .




Meanwhile back in the garden the dry, hot days of summer continued with no rain, even though September marks the beginning of Fall. My days were spent watering and keeping thirsty plants alive.




I am praying for October, rain and cooler weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...