Monday, August 19, 2024

THE ROSY MONTH OF JUNE

 


 June is the month of roses, often called, the " queen of flowers . "  I planted roses in memory of my dear departed mother who loved them.  Above is the famous 'Knockout ' that was sensational when it made its debut some years ago, due to its continuous bloom and these do, indeed live up to their reputation.



Saw this new purple colored candytuft ( they are usually white only ) and of course I had to have it.  It seems to love my boulder garden and has spread it's beauty quite rapidly.

June is usually a lovely month, weather-wise, but we broke a number of records for hottest temperatures on record.  Many 100 degree days !  In addition, rain was very scarce.  I've spent a great deal of time just watering and I know I'll probably get the largest water bill ever !


Needed a little punch of color in a corner and added this redhot poker plant.  I've seen it in a lot of gardens but its the first time I'm planting it in mine. 

Praying for rain as this very hot dry June ends.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...