Friday, July 12, 2019

KNEE DEEP IN JUNE










"Tell you what I like the best --
'Long about knee-deep in June,
'Bout the time strawberries melts
On the vine, -- some afternoon
Like to jes' git out and rest,
And not work at nothin' else!"
- James Witcomb Riley, Knee Deep in June









A June fragrance I love - my 'little gem ' magnolia blossoms.



Ah June you are as capricious as April. Unusually hot summer temperatures with little rain kept me on my toes as I had to keep my new transplants watered.


I had to rush to pick the strawberries before the birds got to them. They were juicy and sweet as usual.


I started planting my veggie garden in May -tomatoes, green peppers, squash, okra, basil, and rosemary.


A June surprise - my 7 year old yucca bloomed for the first time !













June was full of surprises both in the garden and life. The good news is that my younger sister, son and daughter all plan to re-locate here to North Carolina this year . I will definitely need a larger dining room table !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...